Ministry of Transportation Secures $1.3 Billion for Kano-Katsina-Maradi Rail Project

The Ministry of Transportation has successfully secured a sum of $1.3 billion for the completion of the Kano-Katsina-Jibiya-Maradi rail project. This development marks a significant milestone in the advancement of critical infrastructure and is expected to strengthen socio-economic ties between Nigeria and the Niger Republic.

Announcing this major achievement in the financing of the project, the Minister of Transportation, Senator Said Ahmed Alkali, highlighted the importance of the rail link in enhancing regional trade, community development, and cultural exchange. The project, which follows the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Financing (EPC+F) model, underscores the government’s commitment to national development and fostering a more interconnected African continent.

Under the EPC+F contract, the China Civil Engineering Construction Company (CCECC) will provide 85% of the funding, with the Nigerian government contributing the remaining 15%. The rail project, a key component of President Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda, is poised to play a pivotal role in driving economic growth and facilitating transportation connectivity within the region.

According to a statement released by the Special Assistant (Public Affairs) to the Minister, Jamilu Ja’afaru, the recent visit by Mr. Tang Zhigang, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the China Export and Credit Insurance Corporation, and his delegation, has further reinforced optimism for the project’s potential to pave the way for future prosperity between Nigeria and the Niger Republic.

The successful financing of the Kano-Katsina-Maradi rail project signifies a monumental step forward in infrastructural development and bilateral cooperation between the two nations. With construction set to commence, the project is poised to unlock new opportunities for trade, investment, and regional integration, ultimately contributing to the socio-economic advancement of both countries.

the authorAV1 NEWS

Leave a Reply